Monday, September 14, 2009

Learning Discipline and Commitment

If I had to pin down one area of significant growth and challenge, it would be in the areas of discipline and commitment. I have come to realize that for whatever reason, whoever is to blame (and it's probably me); I am not a terribly disciplined person. I never did well in school growing up because I didn't want to sit down and apply myself to my work. This explains why I dropped out of high school (I did eventually attain my G.E.D. however).

Commitment is another area that I have not been good at. If I had learned commitment earlier in life, I might have finished college or still be working for a cable company in Tampa. I might be farther along in my sanctification also.

I don't write all of this to get you to feel sorry for me, but just because I want to highlight what is clearly right now my biggest challenge. I still feel very overwhelmed at times but I am trusting in God's grace to make me someone who is more useful to His Kingdom. It's amazing to me to think that just washing the dishes can be so significant to one's growth in Christ.

I assume that the vast majority of people reading this are believing, evangelical Christians. If that is you and you think about it, please lift me up in prayer over this. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment